This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got a complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!
According to Ma’aruf and Abdulkadir (2012), EDI and EFT were key enabling technologies that helped establish the foundation for what we today refer to as e-commerce.
Who were the pioneers in the industry who were the first to create well-known e-commerce brands?
1969: Dr. John R. Goltz and Jeffrey Wilkins utilize a dial-up connection in order to launch CompuServe, which would go on to become the first big firm in the eCommerce industry. This marks the very first time that eCommerce has been made available. 1979 was the year when Michael Aldrich pioneered online purchasing.
Where in the world was the first location where well-known e-commerce firms were established?
1982 marks the beginning of the Boston Computer Exchange.
At the time of its founding, Boston Computer Exchange was the pioneering e-commerce enterprise in the entire world.
Is a type of supply chain in which the final product is obtained by performing a number of processes that fall under the category of assembly.
The fourth type is a converging structure, which is one in which a number of different assembly procedures are carried out in order to produce the end result. Such examples are the building industry and aircraft manufacturing.
Is it possible to manage the complete flow of information and materials by using a systems approach?
A supply chain is defined as “a comprehensive systems approach to creating and controlling the full flow of information, materials, and services-from raw material suppliers, through factories and warehouses, and finally to the consumer,” according to the Association for Operations Management (APICS).
Exploring Emerging Developments in Technology with Kan Wang on The Brew | Episode 344 | Free Logic
42 questions found in related categories
What aspect of controlling the flow of materials includes the design and administration of the systems that do so?
To support the strategy of the business unit, Material Management encompasses the design and management of systems to govern the flow of materials, work-in-progress inventory, and finished goods.
Which of the following is NOT a beneficial outcome of learning operations and supply chain management (OSCM)?
The following are examples of terms that are included in this set: (25) Which of the following is an advantage of studying operations and supply chain management (OSCM)? Every manager ought to have a solid understanding of the fundamental ideas that underpin the design of the various transformation processes.
Where can I find an explanation of the four stages of supply chains?
A product’s life cycle typically consists of four stages: the launch phase, the growth phase, the maturity phase, and the decline phase. The launch phase is the beginning of the life cycle. Each phase is quite distinct from the others and frequently calls for a different value chain. It is necessary for supply managers to devise supply strategies that take into account the specific requirements of each phase.
Which four distinct kinds of supply chains are there?
Only four categories of entities are used in the construction of supply chain models and simulations in SCM Globe. These categories include products, facilities, vehicles, and routes. A supply chain is formed when many occurrences of these things interact with one another; these interactions are what drive supply activities.
What are the two different kinds of supply chains that exist?
Several Supply Chain Management (SCM) System Configurations
Both the supply chain planning systems and the supply chain execution systems fall under the category of supply chain management systems. These categories are differentiated from one another based on the functions that the supply chain management systems carry out.
What are the three distinct categories of online business?
E-commerce may be broken down into three primary categories: business-to-business (which includes websites like Shopify), business-to-consumer (which includes websites like Amazon), and consumer-to-consumer.
Who is considered to be the pioneer of online business?
Michael Aldrich was an English inventor, innovator, and entrepreneur. He was born on August 22, 1941, and passed away on May 19, 2014. In 1979, he came up with the idea of online purchasing, which paved the way for what would become known as e-commerce, or electronic commerce, which is the processing of financial transactions conducted online between consumers and businesses as well as between businesses themselves.
Who was the first person to sell things online?
Bulletin Boards appeared in the 1980s.
By 1982, the first corporation in the world to sell goods and services online had been established. People were able to buy and sell used computers through the Boston Computer Exchange (BCE), which was an online marketplace.
How did e-commerce come into existence?
E-commerce was initially conceived as a standard for the electronic transfer of business documents, such as purchase orders and invoices, between commercial vendors and the companies that employ them as customers. These beginnings can be traced back to the Berlin blockade and airlift of 1948-1949, which utilized a method of placing orders for supplies principally through the use of telex.
What are some of the drawbacks of doing business online?
- Consumers are concerned about their personal information being kept private. Some customers are still hesitant to provide their personal information, particularly financial information such as credit and debit cards, to internet sources.
- Insufficient interaction with customers while they are in the store…
- The additional expenses associated with running an internet store.
What are some of the objectives of online business?
The target of boosting sales is one that will never change for an ecommerce company; it will always be ongoing and unchanging. Always working to increase your sales is one of the most important things you can do to succeed in the e-commerce sector. This purpose takes precedence over all others, and all other goals are scaled back as necessary.
What is the most effective strategy for the supply chain?
- Begin with the approach, but don’t forget to be realistic…
- Ensure that the needs of the customers are met across the whole supply chain.
- Get yourself on the schedule of the CEO….
- Manage the compromises that must be made between price and quality of service…
- Make sure that important stakeholders are keeping in touch with one another…
- When it comes to personalization, use sound judgment.
What are the six different strategies that the supplier can use?
- Put Your Attention First on Your People…
- Pay Attention to What Your Clients Have to Say…
- Concentrate on Shortening the Lead Time…
- Learn to See the Big Picture, and Always Have a Plan…
- Knowledge should be shared with customers….
- Sell to Original Equipment Manufacturers How you deal with danger or risk.
What are the five stages that constitute a productive supply chain?
Plan, Source, Make, Deliver, and Return are the five distinct activities that are included at the topmost level of this model. These operations are often referred to as components of Supply Chain Management.
How can we make the supply chain even better?
- Improve the efficiency of the company’s own stock. Verify the amount of the inventory that belongs to the company…
- Enhance the Capacity of the Distribution Network…
- Make a Supply Chain Council. …
- Embrace Technology. …
- Build Healthy Supplier Relationships. …
- Review Procedures Regularly. …
- Establish Green Initiatives.
How many stages are there in the supply chain?
- The primary source or initial extraction of the basic materials.
- transforming raw materials into more simple components through processing or manufacture.
- Putting together completed products from their component pieces.
- Making a profit by selling finished goods to final consumers.
- Providing finished goods to customers or end users. Often called consumer delivery.
What is the name of the process that a corporation goes through in order to try to equal the benefits?
5. The process by which a company seeks to match the benefits of a successful position while maintaining its existing position is referred to as flexibility. This can be accomplished by adding new features, services, and technologies to the company’s current portfolio.
Which of the following is NOT a benefit to having a background in operations management?
to each and every company, regardless of whether they are a manufacturer or a service… Obtaining knowledge regarding a pricey aspect of the operation. One of the benefits of studying Operations Management is gaining knowledge of. The manner in which individuals organize themselves to engage in productive work.
Which of the following is NOT one of the most important problems in managing supply chains?
The power of the customer is not an essential component of supply chain management. Explanation: The administration of the movement of services and goods is referred to as supply chain management. Supply chain management encompasses all processes that transform raw resources into finished products.